One of the most lovely people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and am now happy to say is one of my best friends is Jaymee also known as Jaymeedoll. Jaymee and I met in the fall last year, we met at a Starbucks (big surprise) and ended up talking for something like 4 hours. Who knew we’d instantly connect and come to find out that our families were from the same hometown and that they lived literally within less than a mile from each other! It was like the stars were aligned when I met Jaymee- she is someone I really look up to not only because she is beautiful but because she is courageous, confident and full of positivity. I had a little sit down with Jaymee and asked her to share a few things about her take on life and being comfortable in the skin you’re in. I believe her tips to be relevant to ladies and gentlemen alike.
Feeling comfortable in my own skin did not come easy – – and it took time to accomplish. So how did I get to a place where I completely embrace who I am? Here are a few steps!
1. Accept that you have flaws and love yourself regardless of those flaws. Remember that EVERYONE else around you has flaws too and they’re just as insecure about those flaws as you are of your own. No one is perfect and we never expect those around us to be perfect- so why should we expect that of ourselves?
2. You can’t help others until you help yourself first. If you don’t feel secure and comfortable with yourself- then no one else will. You are always number one. Work on you, loving you and others will follow willingly.
3. Stand up straight! Your mother has told you a million times and she is one smart lady so listen to her! Proper posture is not only good for your health but it allows you to exude an air of confidence that makes you seem ready to rule the world.
4. Always feel comfortable in the clothes you’re wearing because your comfort level shows on your face. When you look good you feel good and others around you can see it. While I encourage you to push your style a little and try different things you don’t typically wear – I don’t suggest that you go so far out to where you feel ridiculous. If you feel amazing in what you’re wearing, others will think you look amazing. Promise.
5. Never underestimate the power of your own smile – and don’t be afraid to use it!! Not only is your smile a powerful flirting tool, (ladies!!) it’s also a way to make others around you feel warm, invited and good about themselves. So show off those pearly whites!
6. I know it’s easier said than done- but don’t be shy!! You were created uniquely as the only YOU in the whole world – so go out there and show the world what you’ve got! Because you do have a lot to offer – I know it… and you should believe it too!
Thank you Jaymee for taking the time to visit with me! Be sure to check her out on her own blog Jaymeedoll.com to keep up with all of what I like to call her Jaymee-isms.